Google rolls out first Android 11 beta : Read features, eligible devices
After cancelling the event many times, Google has finally released the Android 11 beta. You might be surprise how Google has launched Android 11 without the Google I/O event. In response to this Google has said few words, “We have cancelled the virtual launch event to allow people to focus on important discussions around racial justice in the United States. Instead, we are releasing the Android 11 Beta today in a much different form, via short-form videos and web pages that you can consume at your own pace when the time is right for you“.
Android 11 features
First beta of Android 11 focuses on People, Control and Privacy.
- Device Control: This feature makes it easier for users to access and control connected devices. Pressing the power button will open the device control option.
- Media Control: With this feature users can now quickly switch to output device like headphones, speakers etc for audio and video content.
- Conversation: The Android 11 makes it more communication more easier by creating a dedicated section at the top of the shade for conversation notifications.
- Bubbles: With the bubble feature, users will be able to continue the conversation while doing other task on phone. It is just like the Facebook messenger feature where you a small icon pops out for new messages called as “Chat head”.
- Privacy: The list would be incomplete if i don’t add Privacy feature of Android 11. It adds a very tight layer of security by introducing features like One-time permission, permission auto-reset and more. One-time permission feature to gives an app to access microphone, location and camera for just one time. If any app has not been used for long time then the system will automatically reset all the permission. For apps that need background location access will need to get the approval from users to access location in background.
Android 11: Eligible devices
The list of eligible devices includes Google Pixel 2, Pixel 2XL, Pixel 3, Pixel 3XL, Pixel 3a, Pixel 3a XL, Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL. Interested Users can click here to sign up for Android 11 beta program.