Fix: VidAngel Not Working With Netflix, Amazon, Apple TV+, or Paramount Plus
VidAngel is one of the best solutions to watch a movie or web series with your family without even getting stressed about inappropriate, violent, or sexual scenes. The online video filtering service applies filters (chosen by you) to block unwanted scenes. You also have to option to mute a particular section.
Suppose you and your family members are all set to watch a movie all were waiting for. But suddenly you realize that VidAngel is not working. It could be not very pleasant, I know. That’s why we created this guide to help those affected users. If VidAngel is not working with Netflix, Amazon, Apple TV+, Paramount Plus, or other streaming platforms, read this guide to learn the ways to fix it.
Before getting into the troubleshooting methods, make sure you’re following the correct ways to use VidAngel on your device.
How to Use VidAngel on Apple TV, Tablet, Android TV, Fire TV, Firestick, PC, and Android
To use VidAngel on any device, you require a VidAngel account. If you don’t have one already, click this link to create a new VidAngel account.
[For Android/iOS users]
- Install the VidAngel app on your Android or iOS.
- Open the app and log in to your account.
- Now, you’ll need to connect VidAngel to your streaming platforms such as Netflix and Amazon. To connect, click “Me” in the bottom menu.
- Tap on “Link Streaming Services“.
- Click the toggle button next to your streaming service.
- Log into your streaming service account to connect it to VidAngel.
- Go to the home screen on the app and find the show you want to watch.
- Tap on “Watch with [Service name]“.
- Tap on “# of # FILTERS ON” to set your filters.
- After setting the filter, click Save.
- Click “WATCH NOW” and enjoy the movie.
[For Apple TV users]
- Download VidAngel from the Apple App Store.
- Open the app and log into your account.
- Select a show on the VidAngel app.
- Click the Filters button to set the filters.
- Tap on Watch with [service name].
- Click Watch Now.
[For Android TV users]
- Open the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
- Download the VidAngel app.
- Launch the app and log into your account.
- Select a show and click the Filters button to set your filters.
- Click Watch with [service name].
- Tap on Watch Now.
[For Fire TV or Firestick users]
- Go to www.vidangel.com on your phone or PC.
- Log into your VidAngel account and connect to streaming services such as Netflix, Paramount Plus, etc.
- If your Fire TV or Firestick already has the VidAngel app, uninstall it. We’ll be installing the latest version.
- Open the Amazon AppStore.
- Search for “Downloader” and download this app.
- Open the Downloader app.
- Type vidangel.app in the URL bar and click Go.
- Click Go again and then click Install.
- Click Done once the VidAngel app is installed.
- Open the VidAngel app and sign in to your account.
- Search for your show, set the filter, and enjoy.
[For PC users]
- Go to vidangel.com and sign into your account.
- Tap on Profile and click Link Streaming Services.
- Link your existing streaming services.
- Go to vidangel.com and search for your favorite show.
- Click Watch with [service name] and play the movie.
If you’ve followed the correct steps and still VidAngel won’t work, try the solutions we’ve mentioned below.
Here’s How to Fix if VidAngel Is Not Working With Netflix, Amazon, Paramount Plus, or Apple TV+
Try the solutions below to fix VidAngel not working issue with Netflix, Amazon, Paramount Plus, Apple TV+, or other streaming services.
1. Check Your VidAngel Subscription
VidAngel requires a monthly subscription which costs $9.99 month. If you don’t have one, log into your account and purchase the subscription. If you already have one, check if it has expired.
2. Make Sure the Streaming Service is Connected to Your VidAngel Account
Buying a VidAngel subscription is not the final setup stage. After getting the subscription, you need to connect your streaming services such as Netflix, Paramount Plus, etc to use it.
In case, you have not connected your Netflix, Amazon, Paramount Plus, or other streaming service to your VidAngel account, do it right now. We’ve mentioned the steps above.
3. Use VidAngel to Play the Show
Many people just run to watch their show. They often miss out on the point that you need to watch your movie via the VidAngel official site. If you are playing the show/movie directly from Netflix, Amazon, or other streaming platforms, then VidAngel won’t work.
Go to vidangel.com, sign into your account, search for your show, set the filters, and enjoy it.
4. The Show May Not Be Available on Vidangel
VidAngel supports tons of movies and web shows across various streaming platforms including Netflix, Paramount Plus, Apple TV+, and Amazon Prime Video. However, It does not with all the movies.
To check if VidAngel supports the movie you’re wanting to watch, go to vidangel.com and search for your movie. If you can see the show on VidAngel’s website, it means that the service supports it. Otherwise, you can watch another show.
5. Check if VidAngel Is Down
VidAngel may be running into server issues, which is why it is not working on your device. Go to downdetector.com to check if other users are also having issues with VidAngel.
During server outages, you can’t do anything apart from wait for the problem to get fixed.
6. Uninstall and Install the App
There could be an issue with the VidAngel app on your phone. You should uninstall and then reinstall the app to fix the issue.
Wrapping It Up
When you have planned to watch a movie with your family, but VidAngel suddenly stops working, it could be frustrating. There are a number of reasons why the issue can occur. We’ve discussed them in this post. Plus, we have also mentioned several quick ways of fixing the VidAngel not working issue.
1. How to Make Netflix Download Faster?
2. How to Skip YouTube Ads on TV?
3. Fix: Hulu Not Working in 2023