How to check if your pc is compatible with Windows 11
Microsoft unveiled Windows 11 at an event held on June 24, 2021. The new era of Windows brings a vast number of changes to the user interface, giving users a more clean experience. Notably, Microsoft has made Windows 11 a free upgrade for all Windows 10 users. In this blog, we will know how to check if your pc is compatible with Windows 11 or not.
How to Check if Your PC is Compatible with Windows 11
A recent Windows blog post mentions that a vast number of PCs supports Windows 11 upgrade, although there are some minimum requires which a computer needs to fulfill.
- Click here and download PC Health Check application (developed by Microsoft) on your Windows 10 PC
- Install and then run PC Health Check app
- Click on “Check Now” button
- After testing the minimum requirements, a popup will open on your PC notifying you about the eligibility
- If your PC meets the requirements, the popup message will show “This PC can run Windows 11”, otherwise, “This PC can’t run Windows 11”
There’s a Windows Insider Program from the company which is used by developers and beta testers to test beta builds. And, Microsoft in a blog post has mentioned that it will bring Windows 11 updates for the PCs that meet the minimum requirements for Windows Insider Program. As mentioned earlier, the Insider program allows testing beta builds, so the update won’t be much stable.
Minimum System Requirements for Windows 11 Upgrade
- Processor: 1 GHz or faster with 2 or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or System on a Chip (SoC)
- RAM: 4GB
- Storage: 64GB or larger storage device
- System Firmware: UEFI, Secure Boot capable
- TPM: Trusted Platform Module (TPM) version 2.0
- Graphics Card: DirectX 12 compatible graphics / WDDM 2.x
- Display: Greater than 9 inches with HD resolution (720p)
Windows 11 Rollout Schedule
Windows 11 free upgrade will start rolling out to eligible Windows 10 PCs this holiday and will continue to roll out in 2022. The official post does not reveal any specific date. However, you will receive a notification on your PC notifying you about Windows 11 update when available.
How to skip YouTube ads on TV?
There is definately a lot to find out about this subject. I like all the points you made