iQOO 9 Series India Launch Teased Officially With Some Added Twist You Might Not Expect
The Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset-powered iQOO 9 series recently went official in China. The company didn’t reveal its global or Indian availability at the Chinese launch event, which was confirmed yesterday at the BGMI gaming event. The iQOO 9 series poster is available also live on the iQOO’s India official website, giving a close look at the device, which surprised us and should surprise you as well.
The poster highlights Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chip and a whopping 120W fast charging support. It highlights two phones – the one on the right side is the iQOO 9 Pro and the second one (on the left) is the iQOO 8 series phone. The rear design resembles the iQOO 8. So, most likely the phone on the left side is the iQOO 8.
To recall, iQOO 8 and 8 Pro were launched in China last year but didn’t make their way to India. So, the company is looking to bring a mixture from the iQOO 8 and iQOO 9 series in India. The company is unlikely to bring the vanilla iQOO 9 (Chinese version) in India.
iQOO 9 (India) specifications
iQOO 9 for India is apparently the Chinese iQOO 8, which has the following specifications-
- 6.56″ FullHD+ AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate
- 50MP (primary)+ 13MP (ultrawide)+ 12MP (telephoto) rear cameras
- 16MP front-facing camera
- Snapdragon 888 5G processor
- 8GB/128GB and 12GB/256GB storage options
- 4,350mAh battery with 120W fast charging support
iQOO 9 Pro specifications:
- 6.78″ QHD+ LTPO AMOLED panel with 120Hz refresh rate, 1500nits peak brightness, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision support
- Triple rear camera setup that consists of a 50MP primary lens with gimbal OIS + 16MP telephoto lens with OIS + a 150-degree 50MP ultrawide camera
- 16MP selfie camera
- Snapdragon 8 Gen 1 chipset
- 8GB/256GB, 12GB/256GB, and 12GB/512GB storage options
- 4,700mAh battery with 120W fast charging, 50W wireless charging, and 10W reverse wireless charging support