OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro starts receiving the December 2021 security patch update. The new update is rolling out with the software version OxygenOS 22.214.171.124, which brings a couple of fixes, in addition to the newest security patch.
According to a post on the OnePlus Community Forum, the latest software update for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro is being rolled out to India, the EU, and global variants. According to the changelog, the devices are getting a fix for the occasional WhatsApp crashing issue. OnePlus has also fixed the issue where Google Assistant and Gpay were not displaying normally on the Setup Wizard.
The December 2021 security update for OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro is rolling out with the following software version:
- IN: 126.96.36.199.IN21DA
- EU: 188.8.131.52.IN21BA
- GLO: 184.108.40.206.IN21AA
- OP8 Pro
- IN: 220.127.116.11.IN11DA
- EU: 18.104.22.168.IN11BA
- GLO: 22.214.171.124.IN11AA
Again, the company is sending the new update to the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro in an incremental fashion. It means that the latest build will initially reach a limited number of users, followed by a broader rollout in the coming days if no critical issues are found. However, you can manually check for new updates by navigating to Settings -> System -> System Updates.
OnePlus 8, 8 Pro December 2021 Software Update: Changelog
- Optimized the UI display of Settings interface
- Fixed the issue that Google Assistant and Gpay doesn’t display as expected in the Setup Wizard
- Fixed the low probability issue of WhatsApp crash
- Updated Android security patch to 2021.12