Oppo Reno 2F is now receiving a new software update with June 2021 security patch, virtual RAM feature, and several improvements. The new software update is based on ColorOS 11.1 skin and comes with firmware version CPH1989_11_F14.
The virtual RAM feature has become a trend in recent years among smartphones. Basically, the feature allows the phone to use some part of internal storage to work like RAM. It provides some additional boost to the device which should result in improved app loading time and the ability to store more processes in the background. Several smartphone companies now-a-days are using this feature as a marketing technique.
Coming back to the topic, the new update for Oppo Reno 2F also brings June 2021 security patch to improve the system security. The changelog also mentions improvements to system smoothness and the settings page layout and fixes the slow Wi-Fi network issue.
After updating the phone, you will need to visit Settings -> About phone -> RAM to enable the virtual RAM feature. The new software update has already started rolling out for Oppo Reno 2F users in India. It has a download size of just above 700MB. You can manually check for the latest update by navigating to Settings -> Software updates.
Oppo Reno 2F new update changelog:
- Adds the June 2021 Android security patch to enhance system security.
- Improves system smoothness.
- Optimizes the layout of the Settings page in Simple
- Fixes an issue where your Wi-Fi network would be slow mode.
- RAM expansion
- Adds a RAM expansion feature: You can now convert part of storage into RAM to improve system performance in “Settings – About phone – RAM”. (Only available on phone models with an internal storage of 128 GB or higher.)