Yesterday, During episode 26 of Ask Madhav, CEO of Realme India and Europe confirmed that Realme 7 Pro will get the Android-11 based Realme UI 2.0 update this month. And, now the users are receiving the Realme UI 2.0 update in India.
The Android 11 update for Realme 7 Pro carries firmware version RMX2170_11_C.20 and weighs just 451MB in size. In addition to this, the update also bumps Android monthly security patch level to May 2021. This is probably the company’s first phone to get May 2021 security patch.
The update should bring lots of new features which includes chat bubbles, new weather animations, sound amplifier, immersive mode, improved UI, inertial zoom feature, and level & grid features for videos. Check out the update log for a more detailed look at the new changes. Notably, the update does not bring AOD customizations and Edge Lightning feature.
As usual, the update should be rolling out in batches. This means, it will initially reach a small percentage of users and then, the company will send the update to the remaining users if no critical bugs are found. Realme 7 Pro can manually check for the latest update by navigating to Settings >> Software updates.
Realme 7 Pro Realme UI 2.0 update : Changelog
- Personalize the user interface to make it your own
- You can now create your own wallpaper by picking colors from your photos.
- Third-party icons for apps on the home screen are now supported.
- Three Dark mode styles are available: Enhanced, medium, and gentle; wallpapers and icons can be adjusted to Dark mode; and the display contrast can be adjusted automatically to ambient light.
- High Efficiency
- You can now drag text, images, or files out of a floating window or from one app to another app in Split screen mode.
- Optimized the editing page of Smart Sidebar: Two tabs are displayed and the order of items can be customized.
- Added “Tone tunes”: Consecutive notification tones will be linked to form a single melody.
- Optimized the user interfaces of Notes: New visuals are provided on the list and editing pages.
- Added weather animations to provide you with a more interesting experience.
- Optimized vibration effects for text input and gameplay.
- Optimized “Auto brightness”.
- You can now remove a folder or combine it with another one.
- Added filters for “Drawer mode”: You can now filter apps by letters, install time, or usage frequency to quickly find an app.
- Security and Privacy
- You can now turn “App lock” on or off in Quick Settings.
- Added “Low battery message”: When your phone battery is lower than 15%, you can quickly send a message to share your location with specified people.
- More powerful SOS functions
- Emergency info: You can quickly display your personal emergency info to first responders. The information can be shown even when your screen is locked.
- Optimized “Permission manager”: You can now choose “Allow only once” for sensitive permissions to better protect your privacy.
- Added Immersive mode which reduces disturbances while gaming so you can stay focused.
- You can change the way to summon Game Assistant.
- You can share your personal hotspot with others via a QR code.
- Optimized the photo editing feature with upgraded algorithms and more markup effects and filters.
- HeyTap Cloud
- You can back up your photos, documents, system settings, WeChat data, and more, and easily migrate to a new phone.
- You can select the types of data to be backed up or restored.
- Added shortcuts to instantly share and edit photos or videos you just took.
- Added the inertial zoom feature which makes zooming smoother during video shooting.
- Added the level and grid feature to help you compose videos.
- realme Lab
- Added Sleep Capsule, help you schedule downtime and secure your sleep time
- Added “Sound amplifier”: You can amplify faint sounds in the environment and soften loud sounds when wearing earphones.