After a long wait, MIUI 12 is now officially released at an online event today. The company says, MIUI 12 has been built from the scratch with new icons, animations and new features. Currently, 22 Xiaomi models will get beta update for MIUI 12. The stable version will be released in June month.
List of Xiaomi devices for MIUI 12 beta update
First Batch (June,2020)
Xiaomi Mi 10, Mi 10 Youth Edition, Mi 10 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 9 Pro 5G, Mi 9, Mi 9 Transparent Edition
Redmi K30, K30 5G, K30 Pro, K30 Pro Zoom
Redmi K20, K20 Pro, K20 Pro Premium
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
Mi Mix 2S
Xiaomi Mi CC9, Mi CC9 Pro, Mi CC9 Meitu Edition, Mi 9 SE
Xiaomi Mi 8, Mi 8 UD, Mi 8 Transparent Edition
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi Note 7, Redmi Note 7 Pro
Xiaomi Mi CC9E
Xiaomi Mi Note 3
Xiaomi Mi Max 3
Xiaomi Mi 8 Lite, Mi 8 SE
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Xiaomi Mi 6X
Redmi 8, Redmi 8A, Redmi Note 8
Redmi 7, Redmi 7A
Redmi 6, Redmi 6A, Redmi 6 Pro
Redmi Note 5
MIUI 12 Features
- UI: MIUI 12 brings new set of wallpapers function. In the UI category, Xiaomi introduces model of celestial bodies like mars, earth and turns them into dynamic wallpapers.
- AI phone assistant: MIUI 12 introduces the AI phone assistant improving calling features. Users can customize the active language, automatically answer phone calls, switch between automatic answering. Most importantly, you can now set automatic call at specific time.
- Security: Security is one of the most important aspect and Xiaomi constantly works to improve security. MIUI obtained multiple authoritative privacy certifications. With MIUI 12, the device can now manage applications behavior. This will allow the device to track suspicious activity and report or warn to the users. MIUI 12 will allow users to set permissions to the apps for specific period of time.
- Multi-tasking: MIUI 12 improves the multi-tasking feature in a different manner. You can now simply drag the application to corner of the screen to know the status of app.
- Fitness: MIUI 12 brings new updates in the category of health and fitness. While your phone is in pocket, you can record walking, running, cycling or climbing status. This feature takes very less power , even lower than 1% throughout the day.
- Menu: MIUI 12 brings menu that shows high definition classic themes of past 10 years.