MIUI 12 was officially announced in the late April alongside the Mi 10 Youth device. On that day a list of Xiaomi devices was shared that will get MIUI 12 beta update. Initially MIUI 12 was only available to Chinese users but now company is ready to launch this globally on May 19. Through a cryptic post on twitter by MIUI official account, Xiaomi has shared the date for global MIUI 12 launch that is May 19. Have a look at the tweet.
The tweet is a simple math problem which upon solving gives result 16. Tweet also mentions that the answer is an important date. Obviously, the answer is 19 while there is no mentioned about the month. But there is a strong possibly for May month.
Xiaomi is already recruiting Redmi K20, K20 Pro users in India for the testing of MIUI 12 Global beta version.
MIUI 12 Features
- Fresh User Interface: MIUI 12 gets new icons and animations. New icons looks more clean and easy to use. With MIUI 12, you see notifications by swiping down from the left side and swiping down at right side leads to open menu. Data are represented in graph like format which makes it easy to understand.
- Advanced Privacy & Permissions: It’s one of the most important and best feature of MIUI 12. With MIUI 12, you can set permissions for app to use the permission at a specific time. You can allows or disallow applications to use permission in background like accessing microphone, GPS etc.
- Mi Health: Xiaomi introduces an additional app called as MI Health. It measures your day to day activity and gives tips to stay healthy and fit.
- Focus Mode: In this mode, you will get no notifications thus you can stay focused to your work. You can also customize to receive important notifications or calls.
- Weather: Wather application has got fully new look. The temperature sits in the middle of the screen in large size. Also, the background contains the moving wallpaper according to the temperature. All this looks so cool and attractive also.