Realme 10 Pro 5G and Realme 10 Pro+ 5G users in India can now experience Android 14 by installing the Realme UI 5.0 Open Beta build. The new update brings several new features and many improvements to the smartphones.
For those unaware, open beta is the final step of beta evaluation of the software before the brand rolls out a stable update. Those who want to get an early look at the new software can join the Open Beta program and explore new changes before the official release.
Join our Telegram channel to get instant updates.
Realme 10 Pro 5G, 10 Pro+ 5G Realme UI 5.0 Open Beta Details
The Realme UI 5.0 Open Beta program is already live for the Realme 10 Pro 5G and 10 Pro+ 5G users in India.
To join the Open Beta program, the Realme 10 Pro 5G must be updated to the required firmware version RMX3660_11.A.45 | RMX3660_11.A.46, and the Realme 10 Pro+ 5G must have the firmware version RMX3686_11_A.36_231206.
After updating to the required firmware version, follow these steps to join the program:
- Ensure that your Realme device has at least 60% battery.
- Go to Settings > About device > Version.
- Tap 7 times on the version number to enable Developer Mode.
- Now, go to Settings > About device and tap on realme UI 4.0 banner at the top.
- Click three dots in the top-right corner and choose Beta program.
- Tap Open Beta, click Apply Now, and submit basic details.
What’s New in Realme UI 5.0 Open Beta
- Adds Fluid Cloud, a way of interacting with morphing forms that allows you to view up-to-date information at a glance.
- Adds File Dock, where you can drag and drop to transfer content between apps and devices.
- Improves Shelf by adding more widget recommendations.
[Security and privacy]
- Improves photo and video-related permission management for safer access by apps.
- Improves system stability, the launch speed of apps and the smoothness of animations.
- Upgrades Aquamorphic Design with a natural, gentle and clearer colour style for a more comfortable colour experience.
- Adds Aquamorphic-themed ringtones and revamps the system notification sounds.
- When using floating windows, sliding the desktop may not work. You can fix this by pulling down the status bar.
- Glance Lock-screen is not available in realme UI 5.0 Early Access; it will be introduced in future updates.