HyperOS is a major upgrade over MIUI that millions of Xiaomi owners are excited about. However, the update rollout is taking longer than expected. The wait finally ends for Redmi Note 12 users, as Xiaomi has started rolling out the HyperOS update to the device.
The HyperOS update is available for the 4G variant of Redmi Note 12. It’s rolling out to the users with the software version HyperOS OS184.108.40.206.UMTINXM. Currently, the update is released for beta users. However, a wider rollout should not take more than a few days, assuming that there are no critical bugs.
Join our Telegram channel to get instant updates.
HyperOS is much improved compared to the MIUI skin. One of the big complaints with MIUI is the inability to remove bloatware, which is no longer a problem in HyperOS. Though HyperOS also has bloatware apps, you can easily uninstall them. The OS seamlessly integrates with other Xiaomi products and smart home devices.
The new OS brings smoother animation and transition, seamless switching between connected devices, and enhanced app security. It offers a clean and uncluttered user interface with a new system font and fresh icon designs. The control centre has been redesigned for easier access to frequently used settings.
Besides the HyperOS goodies, the Redmi Note 12 4G is also getting the December 2023 security patch to fix vulnerabilities found in the previous software version.
Redmi Note 12 HyperOS 220.127.116.11.UMTINXM Changelog:
- Updated Android Security Patch to December 2023. Increased system security.
- Global aesthetics draw inspiration from life itself and change the way your device looks and feels.
- New animation language makes interactions with your device wholesome and intuitive.
- Natural colors bring vibrancy and vitality to every corner of your device.
- Our all-new system font supports multiple writing systems.
- Redesigned Weather app not only gives you important information, but also shows you how it feels outside.
- Notifications are focused on important information, presenting it to you in the most efficient way.
- Every photo can look like an art poster on your Lock screen, enhanced by multiple effects and dynamic rendering.
- New Home screen icons refresh familiar items with new shapes and colors.
- Our in-house multi-rendering technology makes visuals delicate and comfortable across the whole system.
- Multitasking is now even more straightforward and convenient with an upgraded multi-window interface.
How to Install HyperOS Update on Redmi Note 12
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to the About Phone section.
- Tap on the MIUI version at the top.
- Click Check for Updates.