Xiaomi 12T is picking up the HyperOS update globally. The update is already available in China, and now it’s spreading globally. It’s a major upgrade that brings significant upgrades over the MIUI skin (I’ll tell you more about it later).
After installing the update, your Xiaomi 12T will be on the software version HyperOS 18.104.22.168.ULQMIXM. But, before that, users must download a bulky software package that weighs around 1.5GB. Ensure that your device has sufficient storage and network bandwidth before downloading and installing the update.
Join our Telegram channel to get instant updates.
Besides a large set of improvements and new features, Xiaomi has also included the November 2023 security patch in the software package. Although not a recent one, it fixes critical vulnerabilities in the OS.
Xiaomi promises HyperOS to be better compared to MIUI in all aspects. It’s a lightweight OS compared to MIUI while offering better smoothness, security, and system stability. A lightweight OS means less resource and storage consumption, thus offering better performance while keeping room for additional files.
If you have a Xiaomi 12T, check for new updates by going to Settings > About Phone > tap on the MIUI logo and select Check for Updates. As the update is rolling out incrementally, it may take a few days to reach all the devices.
Xiaomi 12T HyperOS Update Changelog:
- Updated Android Security Patch to November 2023. Increased system security.
- Global aesthetics draw inspiration from life itself and change the way your device looks and feels
- New animation language makes interactions with your device wholesome and intuitive
- Natural colors bring vibrancy and vitality to every corner of your device
- Our all-new system font supports multiple writing systems
- Redesigned Weather app not only gives you important information, but also shows you how it feels outside
- Notifications are focused on important information, presenting it to you in the most efficient way
- Every photo can look like an art poster on your Lock screen, enhanced by multiple effects and dynamic rendering
- New Home screen icons refresh familiar items with new shapes and colors
- Our in-house multi-rendering technology makes visuals delicate and comfortable across the whole system
- Multitasking is now even more straightforward and convenient with an upgraded multi-window interface